The State Library of NSW today [1 October 2014] announced the opening of nominations for the 2015 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards.
Total prize money, including sponsored awards, of up to $320,000 will be presented to the winners at an awards ceremony in May 2015.
The NSW Premier’s Literary Awards offers awards in the following categories:
- Christina Stead Prize for Fiction
- UTS Glenda Adams Award for New Writing
- Douglas Stewart Prize for Non-fiction
- Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry
- Patricia Wrightson Prize for Children’s Literature
- Ethel Turner Prize for Young People’s Literature
- Nick Enright Prize for Playwriting
- Betty Roland Prize for Scriptwriting
- Community Relations Commission For a multicultural NSW (Multicultural NSW) Award
- The Premier’s Translation Prize (biennial)
- Multicultural NSW Early Career Translator Prize (biennial)
For the first time, The Premier's Translation Prize includes the Multicultural NSW Early Career Translator Prize ($5,000). The winner will be chosen from entries submitted for the NSW Premier’s Translation Prize. Sponsored by Multicultural NSW, this prize offers acknowledgement, encouragement and financial support to translators in the first ten years of their practice.
See the full media release attached.